Department of Micro Biology
About the Department
The Department of microbiology was established in the year 1994. The Department takes legitimate pride in honouring well established infrastructure and our prime focus is to enrich the ambition of our students, staff and steer with constructive collaboration towards excellence. The Department strives to provide quality education conjugated with innovative technology so as to be able to gain technical and educational expertise both nationally and internationally. We have highly qualified staff members .
To instill scientific temper among students with an endeavor to create world class microbiologists and to achieve reputation as a leading and referral institute in knowledge and research in the field of Microbiology.
Department of Microbiology strives toward excellence in teaching, research and professional services through cutting edge technologies in microbiology.
[show-team orderby=’post__in’ category=’micro-biology’ url=’lightbox’ layout=’grid’ style=’img-rounded,img-white-border,text-center,img-above,3-columns’ display=’name,photo,position’]
MAJOR RESEARCH AREA
- Industrial Microbiology
- Agricultural Microbiology
- Food and Dairy Microbiology
- Molecular Biology
- Medical Microbiology
- Biomedical Science & other life science department
AREA OF RESEARCH
|1||T.AROCKIA RAJ||HOD|| Course Work Completed
|2||R.PAVITRA||Assistant Professor||Awaiting for Synopsis Submission||Industrial Microbiology|
|1. International Seminar on “Inculcating Innovations” organized by Dr N.G.P Arts and Science College, Coimbatore on 6th March 2009.
2. International Seminar on Bioscience and its applications at BDU Constituent College on 30th August 2016.
1. National Conference on “Advance Trends in Biotechnology” organized by Dr N.G.P Arts and Science College, Coimbatore on 19th and 20th December 2008.
2. National Conference on Microbial Research in Human Welfare at BDU, Trichy on 27th and 28th February 2015.
3. National seminar on RAIL 2011 at H.H.Rajah’s College, Pudukottai.
4. National seminar in Sengamala thayar College for women, Mannarkudi.
1. Awarded Best Poster in One Day Seminar on “Bioscience” organized by Dr N.G.P Arts and Science College, Coimbatore on 24 February 2009.
2. Career and business prospects in food processing organized by IICPT and Cauvery College for Women, Trichy on 19th and 20th of December 2009.
3. 8th Annual Conference of Indian Association Microbiologists held at Bharathidasan University, Trichy on 24th and 25th September 2010.
1. ICMR Sponsored National Symposium on Infectious Diseases organized by Dr N.G.P Arts and Science College, Coimbatore on 8th and 9th August 2008.
2. Herbal focus-10,”Ayurvedic drug-present scenario” organized by Srimad Andavan Arts and Science College, Trichy on 8th February 2010.
1. Student Development Programme organized by Student Development Cell of Dr N.G.P Arts and Science College, Coimbatore on 21 February 2009.
2. Career and business prospects in food processing organized by IICPT, Thanjavur.
3. Plant Tissue Culture conducted by department of biotechnology and bioinformatics on 30th August 2012 at Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan College of Arts and Science (Women).
4. UGC Sponsored Short term course on Inclusive Education on 5th and 6th July 2014 at Bharathidasan University Academic Staff College, Kajamalai Campus, Trichy.
FUNDED PROJECT APPLIED
Applied as Co-Project Investigator entitled with “Providing balance nutritive food to underprivileged childhood in perambalur district of tamilnadu through nutritional supplement fortified with Spirulina.sps, DBT.
|NAME OF THE FACULTY||
COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY
1. International Journal of Ayurvedic and Herbal Medicine 4:3 (2014) 1470-1479, Management of Obesity and its Related Disease by herbal drugs,ISSN : 2249-5746
2. Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research (IJIR)Vol-3, Issue-1, 2017, Optimization of Lipase Production from Vegetable oil waste by Pseudomonas spp and Staphylococcus spp, ISSN: 2454-1362
3. Annals of Agri-Bio Research 24 (1) : 25-28, 2019, Studies on Biodegradation of Azo Dye (Reactive Red 35) from Textile Effluent Adopted Soil Sample by Streptomyces sp.
4. International Journal of Advanced and Innovative Research (2278-7844)/ Volume 8 Issue 3, A review on actinomycetes and their role onazo dye degradation