Department of MCA
About the Department
The Department of Master of Computer Applications was started in the year 1995 and now the intake is 60 students. This course is affiliated to Bharathidasan University, Trichy, Tamil Nadu. The department offers both Regular Stream (duration : 3 years) and Lateral Entry Stream (duration : 2 years) is exclusively for B.Sc. (CS), BCA and B.Sc.(I.T). Our department has well trained faculties and equipped laboratories to meet global challenges in the field of Computer Science. The department has been producing good results continuously in most of the University Semester Examinations from the first batch. Some of our students have got University ranks. Students exposure to real world is improved by encouraging them to participate in various symposiums held on other colleges. The department frequently invites resource persons from top IT corporate to conduct seminars, workshops and guest lecturers that facilitate the students to enrich their knowledge with the latest technologies that stand in the field of Information Technology. Students are assisted to get main project Internship with placement. Also most of our students are placed well in reputed top IT companies in various parts of the world.
Vision & Mission
MCA is an outstanding department contributing significantly to teaching, research and consultancy, through well equipped laboratories and well trained staff to meet global challenges in the field of Computer Applications. Imparting quality technical education and providing skills in Computer Application through best of practices. Producing graduates who can contribute professionally to the society and widely as IT professionals or entrepreneurs.
Major Research Area
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Big data analytics
- Computer Networks
- Network Security
|1.||Dr. K.Thamodaran||Alagappa University||2014||Optimized Image security mechanism for content management|
Area of research
|1.||K. Makesh Babu||Asst. Prof||Pursuing||Data Profiling|
|1.||Dr.K.Thamodaran||1. “Optimized Partial Image Encryption Scheme Using PSO”, Proceedings of IEEE – International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Informatics and Medical Engineering, (PRIME-2012) organized by Periyar University, Salem, Tamilnadu, India, pp 236-241, March 21-23, 2012 (ISBN: 978-1-4673-1039-0).
2. “Optimized Image Watermarking Scheme Based On PSO”, Proceedings of ELSEVIER – International Conference on Modeling Optimization and Computing (ICMOC-2012) organized by Noorul Islam University, Thukkalai, Tamilnadu, India, Vol 38, pp 493-503, April 10-11, 2012. (ISBN: 1877-7058).
3. “PSO Based Optimized Security Scheme For Image Authentication and Tamper Proofing”, AIRCC Second International Conference on Signal, Image Processing and Pattern Recognition(SPPR2013), AIRCC Computer Science & Information Technology (CS & IT) proceeding (CSCP2013), pp143-152, May 2013. (ISBN: 2231-5403).
|2||K.Mahesh Babu||Validationg a Bigdata Environment using various data profiling analysis,IJSTR,VOL8, ISSUE 10
OCT 2019, ISSN 2277 – 8616
|1.||Dr.K.Thamodaran||1. “Hybrid Image Security Mechanism For Image Authentication and Copyright Protection”, Ninth National Tamil Conference at Alagappa University, Karaikudi, pp 310, September 2009 (ISBN : 978-93-80043-33-3).
2. “Mathematical Concepts In Image Encryption Techniques”, National Conference on Recent Trends in Mathematics and its Applications at Alagappa University, Karaikudi, December 2010.
3. “Integration of Technology with Education – Opportunities and Challenges”, National Seminar on Integrating Technology with Education at Alagappa University, Karaikudi, on 25th and 26th , March 2011
|2.||B. Menaka||Image processing-2012, JMC College, Trichy-20|
|1||K. Makesh Babu||“Support Vector Machine Based Model to Stroke Risk Prediction” Asian Academic Research Journal of Multidisciplinary, Volume 1, Issue 15, Nov 2013|
|2.||Dr.K. Thamodaran||1. “A Novel Security Mechanism for Image Authentication And Copyright Protection”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol.4, No.3, pp 14-19, July 2010 (ISSN: 0975-8887).
11. “Dynamic Multi-Keyword Ranked Search Based Security Mechanism for Cloud Data Management”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 5, Issue 9, pp 262-270, September 2016.( ISSN 2278-1021)